What does a Transforming Perceptions of Midwifery Ambassador do?
- Acts as a local ambassador for midwifery, representing our profession in a positive light and by doing so, building awareness and positive perceptions
- Creates a bridge between activities to promote midwifery locally and the nationwide campaign
- Speaks for local organisations and the midwives in them within the national campaign
- Brings back the ideas and calls to action from the national campaign and customise, remix and reshape then so they will work in a local context
- Leads the local version of the campaign and get people engaged and taking action
Who can be a Transforming Perceptions of Midwifery Ambassador?
- Everyone from first year students to all registrants on NMC and supporters
- Practitioners from all stages in their career across all disciplines and sectors
- Those in full and part time employment
- People working across health and care sectors, including voluntary organisations
What support will you receive?
- Coaching and mentoring support
- Have an opportunity to build your own and collective agency for change
- Join a growing national network
- Share what works and develop your knowledge and learning
- Take part in an exciting programme of events and challenges including a regular newsletter and opportunity to participate in virtual and face-to-face meetings
- Be able to demonstrate your passion and pride for the professions
Does this sound like something you’d like to get involved with? Email – email@example.com
Get involved with the monthly challenges!
April challenge: Arrange a meeting with your MP
Transforming Perceptions of Nursing and Midwifery April 30 Day Challenge Resource Pack from NHS Horizons
Interview with Mike Kane MP – advice about how to meet with your MP.