NHS Horizons has been commissioned to support the Ambulance Service in a 12 month programme of work aimed to give frontline ambulance staff a greater role in the innovation, service design and problem solving.
Our work will mobilise frontline ambulance staff (both frontline clinical teams and in control centres) and patients to contribute to improvement:
- To have a positive impact on winter 2018/19
- To identify issues the crews want to work on that will have a positive impact
- To develop, test and implement solutions, using and building on existing programmes and creating new ideas, that add up to significant improvements
Our aim is to engage 10% of the 22,000 frontline Ambulance staff in contributing to ideas for improvement. We are currently developing the programme of work in collaboration with the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives.
Phase 2 – the Innovation Burst
Collecting the ideas was only the first part of the project! The design team then had the epic task of reading every single one of the 608 ideas, with the goal of selecting 12 for further investigation. The ideas were reviewed against this criteria:
- The extent to which the idea authentically represents the views and priorities of frontline staff AND fits with the direction and priorities of ambulance services (no idea would be fully implemented otherwise)
- The extent to which the idea could be implemented to start to have an impact this winter
- The size of the impact
Kick Off Slides: Innovation Burst
Participants Welcome Guide: Innovation Burst
Day 1 Zoom joining details:
Join us on the 26th September at 9:30am from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://horizonsnhs.zoom.us/j/235436439
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 20 3695 0088 or +44 (0) 20 3051 2874
Meeting ID: 235 436 439
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/ab9CC22p3K
Project A Technology Challenge Whatsapp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/LPGPmyHVT6c0b7DLqttWO1
Productive Ambulance concept Whatsapp Group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/IAj0HLPmjEjGspfaB4jhKp
Slack Group that has all the teams: https://join.slack.com/t/projectambulance/shared_invite/enQtNDQxNTUyNzUxNDI4LTA4OTdiZDZlMTkzNzFkMTEyZGZmYjE5MDYyYmRkMDljMjkyMDJjY2E5NjEwYWI5MTg1OGI1NGJjZGVlNzM4ZDc
The 12 ideas are:
Below are graphics explaining what each of the 12 ideas are. You are welcome to share these – please download them to share with colleagues, display in communal areas, for example.
You can find out more about some of the ideas in these videos:
A huge thank you to ambulance colleagues who helped us create the films.