Locally led, jointly decided, centrally supported: this is Solving Together
Solving Together is an approach to capture, assess and test learning and ideas that can support the priorities for health and care; it is part of a suite of interventions relating to the delivery of transformation led by the Transformation Directorate of NHS England. It is doing this by mobilising the people who know the most (those delivering and receiving care and leading services), making them fair, accessible and inclusive for all. The Solving Together “crowdsourcing” platform is a regionally-led and centrally supported initiative to capture, assess, test and share ideas on a range of issues affecting our NHS.
The graphic below describes the ‘roadmap’ of the Solving Together process from crowdsourcing ideas to solve a problem; thematic analysis of the contributed ideas; prototyping and testing ideas; and activating the ideas.
During 2022 and 2023, #SolvingTogether has crowdsourced ideas for:
- Recovery of NHS elective care services – read about the three big ideas that emerged from the contributions
- Fuller Stocktake – provided input into the final report of the stocktake undertaken by Dr Claire Fuller on integrated primary care
- Urgent and Emergency Care – the crowdsourcing contributed to the Delivery Plan for Recovering Urgent and Emergency Care Services
- London Ambulance Service – the outputs have contributed to the trust’s strategic review
- National Institute of Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Hospital discharge
- NHS Community Health Services
Listen to Tim Ferris, National Director for Transformation at NHS England and Bev Matthews, clinical lead at NHS Horizons and programme director for Solving Together talk about the approach in the Agents Assemble podcast.
Since Solving Together started in January 2022 more than 12,000 people have been engaged. Find out more here.
Everyone can get involved in #SolvingTogether. And we mean everyone. All you need to do to get involved is to sign up to the platform, which takes just a couple of minutes. By signing up you’ll be able to find out when the next crowdsourcing initiative is happening, and how to get involved – as well as receive updates on the programmes outlined above.
You can also get involved by following us on our social channels.
Let’s all join in with #SolvingTogether!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with us on our socials.