Interested in working at Horizons?
We’re keen to ensure our opportunities are available to as wide a range of people as possible. We will list current opportunities here, along with details of how to apply.
On this page you can find out:
- What it’s like to work in NHS Horizons
- Current vacancies
- Sign up to be alerted on any future opportunities
Working at NHS Horizons
In the video below, you can see some current members of the NHS Horizons team talk about why they like working here. You can also see details of the current team members and read more about NHS Horizons.
What you need to know
- Our employer is NHS England / Improvement, and you will be required to apply in the standard way on the NHS England / Improvement Jobs website. We don’t accept CVs and we don’t work with agencies.
- Our team is based in Coventry. Whilst we have and will continue to work remotely, and are open to accepting candidates from anywhere in the country, you will be required to travel regularly to Coventry. Depending on your role you may also be required to travel frequently to other parts of the country.
- We are committed to creating a diverse team, and welcome applications from people whatever their background, whether they have previous NHS experience of not. We are working hard to support the NHS People Promise.
- Existing NHS England and Improvement staff may additionally want to check on the Internal Vacancies pages on the Hub for short-term secondments that we may occasionally offer.
Closes: Tuesday 15 June 2021 at 23:59
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social influence, and creative dynamic approaches to communications and engagement to be our Project Officer (Social Influence).
Social influence is one of the core principles of the NHS Horizons team. We believe that we can best create positive change through creating and connecting networks of people who encourage others to do things differently. The most effective way of doing that at scale is though social media platforms. Therefore, the overarching goal of the Social Influence Team is to enable, promote and support the effective use of data, information, knowledge and technology to improve, inform and support a portfolio of projects, services, and initiatives.
We actively avoid using social media platforms to “broadcast” messages out; but look to create conversations and amplify different voices to help spread our change messages throughout the NHS. This role is more than just posting regular updates; but demonstrating how social platforms can be used effectively to create positive change. Find out more about how we work: tweet chats, thought leadership, sketchnotes are a few examples.
Nothing that is right for you?
If there is nothing currently advertised on our website that interests you, but you would like to find out about future opportunities, please complete the following form. We will email you when a new opportunity is posted. Please also follow us on Twitter (@horizonsNHS) where we will also promote opportunities.