What is is a tweet chat?
A tweet chat is a facilitated conversation which takes place on Twitter over a certain amount of time (e.g. one hour). Similar to crowdsourcing, you invite audiences from Twitter to share, discuss and co-produce ideas around your chosen topic. This provides a chance to build a busy, diverse community as well as in-depth data, both quantitative and qualitative.
Why use tweet chats?
- Reach hundreds of individuals from all walks of life, quickly.
- Have conversation with diverse people, get their opinions and build networks
- Gain opinions on specific issues.
- Share power and encourage working in collaborative ways.
- Shift from passive involvement to active participation.
- Engagement and co-production on strategy.
Social Influence Resources
Download the Tweet Chat Guide
Download a guide for social influence hints and tips.
Read a blog Tips for Taking Part in a Tweet Chat
Recent examples of tweet chats
The recently published NHS People Plan was created in partnership with staff via a series of tweet chats